WindowMizer keeps asking for System Preferences

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 5.x.
MickL

Post by MickL »

I just upgraded to version 5.0. I'm now on Mojave 10.14.3. I had the older 4.x version installed before.

The installation went fine. The problem is WindowMizer keeps asking for the System Preferences. The checkbox is set but it always asks for the accessibility features and then quits.

Funny thing is, I can't uncheck or remove the WindowMizer box in the Accessibility section.

I have tried unloading the app restart the mac book and reloading but get the same thing every time.

Stuck.

Any ideas?

Mick

Teacher2502

Re: WindowMizer keeps asking for System Preferences

Post by Teacher2502 »

Thank you for posting this concern. The exact same thing is happening for me, on the same operating system. I am eager to hear what the solution is.

Also, I've used previous versions of WindowMizer for many years, all of which came with an Activation Code. My version 5 does not show an Activation Code - does yours? It may just be a new method for installation, but I thought I would check. Thanks!

Teacher2502

Post by Teacher2502 »

I'm hopeful that you get an answer soon. The same thing is happening for me. I also did not receive an Activation Code for v. 5, as I have for previous versions of WindowMizer.

billearl

Post by billearl »

The author only seems to check this forum every few months.

Your problem may be a Mojave issue rather than WindowMizer. All I can suggest is resetting all Accessibility prefs by using the terminal command "tccutil reset Accessibility". If that doesn't work, you can try "tccutil reset All", which resets all Privacy settings in System Preferences > Security & Privacy.

More info here: https://www.macblog.org/post/reset-tcc-privacy/

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

This is indeed a problem with WindowMizer and Accessibility.

Anyone updating from WindowMizer 4.3.x or lower will need to apply the WindowMizerAccessibilityPatch.app as discussed in this forum. I will make it more prominant that the "Accessibility Issue" also pertains to WindowMizer 5, but only if upgrading from 4.3.x or lower.

The solution is here:
https://www.rgbworld.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26

Thank you,
Chris

BarrySew

Post by BarrySew »

Hi,

Ive recently changes my Lotus Notes password and since then X1 keeps asking me for the password each time its starts. I did provided the new password and checkmark the auto usage.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beery

BarrySew

Post by BarrySew »

Hi,

Ive recently changes my Lotus Notes password and since then X1 keeps asking me for the password each time its starts. I did provided the new password and checkmark the auto usage.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beery

Kamfeft

Post by Kamfeft »

How is this different from JaronK's very well documented and discussed system?

If this is another 'this is my opinion of the tiers' thread then I misunderstood and this seems mostly in line.

Kamfeft

Post by Kamfeft »

How is this different from JaronK's very well documented and discussed system?

If this is another 'this is my opinion of the tiers' thread then I misunderstood and this seems mostly in line.

Deamiadosse

Post by Deamiadosse »

Rather amusing opinion
[url=http://fawkes.ru/site/]Карсет[/url]