Will 5 support Adobe Premiere + After Effects CC2019?

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 5.x.
MJC

Will 5 support Adobe Premiere + After Effects CC2019?

Post by MJC »

Chris,

I can see that Windowmizer 5 works fine in CC2019 Photoshop + Illustrator, but Premiere and After Effects use a different window system and they won't work (thus far) with W5?

Have you plans to support them, or what are your recommended settings to get Prem + AE to work in CC2019?

In a multi-monitor (4) set-up for these, it's really imperative that I can get Windowmizer to work with the plethora of palettes involved.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: Will 5 support Adobe Premiere + After Effects CC2019?

Post by rgbworld »

I'll have to install and test those 2 apps. If I can add a tweak that allows WindowMizer to work those apps, I will certainly do so.

As you may be aware Adobe windows are somewhat unique in that they can be "framed" or not framed, and tabs or no tabs, etc... I am not familiar with Premier and After Effects windows, so I will take a look in the next couple weeks as the major bug fixes are smoothing out.

Thanks for the report!

If you have any details on what happens in those apps, let me know.

Chris

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

I have added support for Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premier 2019 applications.

These 2 apps in particular use a "floating window" style of window. Rather than having a full-size title bar, they instead have a smaller title bar typically reserved for floating windows or pallets. The window "style" is not only visual, in fact the "style" according to Accessibility Inspector is "float".

WindowMizer by default does not collapse "floating" windows or pallets. In order to force WindowMizer to collapse "floating" windows, please follow the steps below.

1) Go to WindowMizer Preferences > Applications
2) Click the `+` button to add an app to the list.
3) Select "After Effects" for example.
4) After adding the app, check the box next to "Uses floating window style for document windows".

With those settings, WindowMizer should collapse/restore windows in that app. Repeat for any other app that uses floating windows as the default window style.

Thank you,
Chris

MJC

Post by MJC »

Thanks Chris,

I'll give that a try tonight.
MJC

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

I performed another test with Adobe Premier CC 2019, and there are a few more tweaks required to WindowMizer settings to accommodate Premier. Please update to WindowMizer 5.0.6 to gain access to new preference settings required for compatibility.

Please see the images below and match these settings. This was as close as I could get during the week trial period for Premier. Today was the last day of my trial. I can take another look, but it requires me to buy license, so please provide feedback and maybe I can patch without purchasing.

In addition to checking the box for "Uses floating window style for document windows", the "Collapsed Window layer" must be set to "Floating Window layer".

It took me a while to realize that I could open Premier panels as separate windows. Once I did that, the detached windows would not collapse. To remedy that issue, you must enable "Capture floating windows when hiding animations" in WM preferences > Advanced.

Note: It may not be necessary to enable "Capture floating windows when hiding animations" if your WM settings allow animations to show. Enabling this option causes a slight delay, so only enable the setting if necessary. Feel free to try both ways - it won't break anything :)

Also, if you do not pull out panels as separate windows, you may not need to enable this setting.

Let me know how it goes. Premier is especially uncooperative, but with WM 5.0.6 it should work.

Chris

MJC

Post by MJC »

v5.06 seems to work great in Premiere CC 2019 now.

Thanks Chris.

I haven't had a chance to try it in After Effects CC 2019 yet though, but will this week.
MJC

Kamfeft

Will 5 support Adobe Premiere After Effects CC2019

Post by Kamfeft »

Hi,

We don't have the release date for the GearVR version yet. We will inform about this progress as soon as we know something about it, as the plugin not created by us.

ZoyaDibirova

Post by ZoyaDibirova »

Спасибо за ссылку, много чего узнал по навстройкам, но не могу допетрить никак, если я импортировал аудиофайл в Adobe After Effects CS5, что я не могу его просто нажав на пуск прослушать, каким-то долгим путем надо идти чтобы был звук, а как же со звуковыми эффектами тогда работать?

Deamiadosse

Post by Deamiadosse »

.. Seldom.. It is possible to tell, this :) exception to the rules
[url=http://fawkes.ru/site/]Карсет[/url]