WindowMizer 5 Beta

Announcements of WindowMizer updates, new features and bug fixes.
rgbworld
Site Admin

WindowMizer 5 Beta

Post by rgbworld » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 pm

WindowMizer 5.0 (317b) is now available.

NOTE: WindowMizer 4 Activation codes will NOT work with WindowMizer 5

This is a Beta release and may contain bugs. Release Notes and an updated Download link are located below. If you are running WindowMizer Beta 1, you can use the "Check for Updates..." menu item from within the app. Beta updates will be shown only if you have enabled "Include Beta Updates" in WindowMizer preferences.

WindowMizer 5 (317b)
Release Date: November 3, 2018
System Requirements: macOS 10.12 or higher

About WindowMizer 5:
WindowMizer 5 is a paid upgrade from WindowMizer 4 and requires macOS 10.12 or higher. Systems prior to 10.12 must use WindowMizer 4.x.

WindowMizer 5 offers both subscription and permanent license options. Subscriptions provide a more predictable revenue to fund development of WindowMizer. A permanent license option is still offered but it does not include major version updates.

Release Notes 5.0 (317b):
- Dark Mode improvements
- Updated supporting frameworks
- Updated to Swift 4.2 syntax
- Built on macOS 10.14 with Xcode 10

WindowMizer 5 Advances:
- Supports macOS 10.12 and higher
- Dark Mode interface on macOS Mojave (10.14)
- Uses modern API's for improved efficiency & security
- Supports the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- In-application checkout via Paddle (PayPal & Credit Cards)
- Built-in Feedback and Crash Reporting
- Eliminated "Offscreen" window handling

Advantages of Swift code base:
- Compiles into a faster executing application
- Safer due to strict type-checking
- Modern language simplifies future development

About the beta
WindowMizer 5 has a 14-Day fully-functional trial period. During the trial period, when you launch WindowMizer, you will be shown a reminder screen displaying the number of days remaining in the trial. To avoid the "Trial Remaining" screen, you can purchase a license or use the Beta-Only Activation code: id951860935939odr. The Beta-Only activation code expires on November 30, 2018.

Trial & Beta-Only Expiration
When the trial period expires, you can either enter the beta-only activation code or purchase a license. When the beta-only activation code expires, you must purchase a license in order to continue using WindowMizer.

Licensing
Currently, the only way to purchase a WindowMizer 5 license is via the in-app checkout. The in-app checkout process is fully-functional, so any brave souls that want to test it can do so using the Discount Coupon code WM5BETA2 to receive 50% Off any licensing option you choose. Ordering via the website is coming as fast as I can get to it. There is a lot of backend web work that needs to be completed which I will be working on the during the beta period.

Automatic Updates
Automatic Software Updates are turned OFF by default. It is recommended you turn Automatic Updates ON via WindowMizer Preferences. Additionally, you should check the box for "include beta updates".

Bug Reporting
WindowMizer 5 has a crash reporting system built-in. In the event of an unrecoverable error, you should be presented with a Crash Report window. Please add some notes to the window and submit the report.

Additionally, in the WindowMizer menu-bar icon, there is an option to Send Feedback. This can be used to report errors, issues or other feedback.

I will also be adding a WindowMizer 5 Forum on this board for discussions and comments.

Mojave support
Fully supports Dark Mode on macOS Mojave. Dark Mode makes WindowMizer even more useful and it looks super-cool!

Misc
Thanks for everyone's patience while I've been busy rewriting WindowMizer. It was a ton of work and it took me about 16 months to complete. Under the hood, there are a lot of improvements that will make future development easier. I am anxious to explore new options that are now available with the updated code base (i.e. Swift and macOS 10.12 SDK).

Download WindowMizer 5 Beta 2

Thank you,
- RGB World

rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: WindowMizer 5 Beta

Post by rgbworld » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:45 am

WindowMizer 5 (317b)
The 2nd Beta of WindowMizer 5 is now available and can be downloaded using the link in the Beta Announcement above. If you are running WindowMizer Beta 1, you can use the "Check for Updates..." menu item from within the app. Beta updates will be shown only if you have enabled "Include Beta Updates" in WindowMizer preferences.

The following beta-only activation code can be used to activate WindowMizer after the trial period expires. The Beta-Only activation code expires on November 30, 2018.

Beta-Only Activation code: id951860935939odr

Note: If you activate WindowMizer with the beta-only activation key, it will expire on Nov. 30th without any prior notification. At that point, the 50% coupon code WM5BETA2 will no longer be available, so to take advantage of the discount, you must do so before November 30, 2018.

Status Report
Thanks to everyone who is running the WindowMizer beta(s). I am actively receiving and working on issues you are reporting. The Feedback and Issue reporting feature in WindowMizer 5 is proving to be a great asset for finding and resolving bugs. Please keep the reports coming. Your comments within a crash report are especially helpful.

The past couple weeks have been spent updating my development environment to macOS 10.14 and updating the WindowMizer project for building with Xcode 10 and Swift version 4.2. So, the WindowMizer development environment is now 100% updated to macOS 10.14. Yay! In addition to the application environment, my local web development environment (for this site) required a lot of time to update for Mojave. Anyways, that's all done, so I can get back to working on issues.

During the next couple weeks I have to get the website integration completed. During that time, I will be continuing to review your emails and reports. I apologize for not being able respond to some of your inquiries in a timely manner, however I am listening and working diligently to improve WindowMizer and resolve the issues that are being reported.

- RGB World