WindowMizer Accessibility Bug

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 4.x.
rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: WindowMizer 4.4 Accessibility Bug

Post by rgbworld »

@Jayell
Windowmizer updated itself, but it does NOT make the window roll up into the title bar. It expands or reduces the window size. It will not open to its own menubar so I cannot re-set my preferences. WM already IS permitted in the system preferences, but that's all it will let me do. I tried the patch, and the patch deleted my app - or at least made it invisible in the Applications file. Find File can still find it, but it is not visible. I WANT MY WINDOW SHADE BACK! I am using OS 10.10.5. It was working fine before the update.
The patch does not delete anything except an entry in the accessibility database. It is impossible that it deleted the app from your applications folder or that it made it invisible.

Please confirm if you are able to check/uncheck the box next to WindowMizer in the Accessibility list?

Could you please try to run the patch again and restart after running it. Then launch WindowMizer 4.4 and go through the normal steps to Authorize the app. This has to work. It is the only solution I have and I still think it is 100% the correct way to fix this issue.

So again I apologize. I am willing to do a screen-share to get you back running. If you would like to do that, use the contact form and send me a private email. I'll contact you back.

Thanks,
Chris

RTouris

Post by RTouris »

I've also experienced much drama upon updating and the patch didn't appear to do much...until i rebooted (there goes the uptime) by which time it did successfully proceed to show the WM UI...

One other thing I noticed though is that after the update I now have to click twice or sometimes more times in the Dock for the window of any app to appear...This shouldn't be the case, right?

hg98

Post by hg98 »

Was having issues but the patch WORKED!

Thank you.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

@ RTouris

All issues regarding clicking the dock icon are will be fixed in version 4.4.1 4.5 that I plan to release by this weekend.

RTouris

Post by RTouris »

Seeing that the weekend is now already in the past, I just thought I'd ask how that update is shaping up...

Pal

Post by Pal »

Hi

I am the guest that wrote the below. I haven't seen any reply. What would be my next step to solve this? I'm happy to provide you a screen share in case you want to have a look.

Regards
/P
Guest wrote:Original behaviour:

WindowMizer told me to allow WindowMizer in the system preferences list.
WindowMizer was visible in the system preferences list.
WindowMizer was checked as allowed in the system preferences list.
Clicking the checkbox had no effect - it stayed checked.
Removing the entry from the system preferences list had no effect - it stayed visible.
Adding WindowMizer to the system preferences list (although it was already there) had no effect.
There were two WindowMizer in the sqlite database - one all-lowercase and one mixedcase.

I deleted the all-lowercase entry in the database using the sqlite command. New behaviour:

WindowMizer tells me to allow WindowMizer in the system preferences list.
WindowMizer is visible in the system preferences list.
WindowMizer is checked as allowed in the system preferences list.
Clicking the checkbox now works - I can enable or disable it.
Removing the entry from the system preferences now works fine.
Adding WindowMizer to the system preferences list now works fine.
There is now only one WindowMizer in the sqlite database - the mixedcase one.

But when starting the WindowMizer, the dialogue still shows up. And if I click "Go to system preferences", the WindowMizer checkbox gets unchecked. This can even be seen happening live while the system preferences is open - as soon as I click the button, the checkbox got unchecked.

I tried multiple things without any more changes in behaviour:

Restarting the application multiple times.
Rebooting multiple times.
Running the patch.
Clicking deny in the dialogue.
Removing and re-installing WindowMizer.
Removing and re-adding WindowMizer in the system preferences list.
Checking and unchecking WindowMizer in the system preferences list.

Still no luck.

Regards
/P

Additional: I also tried deleting all rgbworld entries in the database using the sqlite command, but no change in behaviour (it just re-added the mixed-case variant at the next run).

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

@RTouris The update is not going as well as planned. I thought I had figured out a way to maintain the speed of the "Move-Offscreen" window handling while at the same time storing the windows in the dock (where they belong). After nearly 2 weeks of solid coding (5 hours a day + 10/day on weekends), it turns out that my incredible solution only works for minimizing windows (not restoring them). So what I ended-up with was a fast minimize and a slow restore. Arg!

My plan now is to patch-up these glaring issues:
- Multiple displays (currently broken with secondary display on left)
- Fix single-clicking dock icon to create a new window when it should do so
- Fix key event-tap on non-English systems.

I will post a download link in these forums. The version will be 4.4.1.
Best guess on ETA is now this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

@Pal,
I sent you a private email. Let's do a screen-share to see if we can sort this out for you.

It sounds like you are comfortable with at least these simple terminal commands, so your last statement says
"Additional: I also tried deleting all rgbworld entries in the database using the sqlite command, but no change in behaviour (it just re-added the mixed-case variant at the next run)."
Once you have confirmed that there are no entries for com.rgbworld, you should be fixed (other than a possible restart).
The mixed-case variant is what we want.

So two things:
1) Make sure the version of WindowMizer you are launching is version 4.4 (not 4.3.1)

2) Please make sure that after clearing the database, that you double-click the WindowMizer icon which will present the "WindowMizer wants to control this computer" message.

I found that when I drag the app into the list it creates an all lowercase entry, and when added to the list by double-clicking the icon, it adds the mixed case version. So try to have WindowMizer added to the list via double-click.

Hopefully that will work. If not let's schedule a screen-share.

Thank you

RTouris

Post by RTouris »

Thanks for the update, too bad it didn't go as planned. Hope you come up with a proper solution in due time, however I stand by your decision in releasing a patch first as this is getting pretty annoying (single-dock-click-action) ...

RTouris

Post by RTouris »

mareich wrote:I noted that every time I start a program now, I get a notification that "Windowmizer is ready in: <program name>" I do not recall this behavior before and it's kind of annoying. In the prior version, I got a single notification on WM startup telling me WM was ready.
In order for such notifications to be suppressed all you have to do is within the apps prefs under General in the Notifications section select the tick next to 'Disable Application-ready Notifications'. The whole 'Notifications' section is a fresh addition in 4.4..