Is WindowMizer compatible with Sierra?

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 4.x.
harriet

Is WindowMizer compatible with Sierra?

Post by harriet »

I've just upgraded to the Sierra OS, but have seen posts elsewhere that WindowMizer doesn't work in Sierra. Will there be an update to make it compatible? Thank you!

rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: Is WindowMizer compatible with Sierra?

Post by rgbworld »

Hmmm. WindowMizer 4.4.x definitely works on macOS Sierra. I use it every day on OS 10.12.1

If you are using WindowMizer 4.3.x or earlier, it would be best (easiest) if you update to WindowMizer 4.4.x before upgrading your OS to 10.12.x

If you run into an issue where the System keeps asking you to allow WindowMizer to use Accessibility features, then you will need to run the WindowMizerPatch.app located in this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26

BarrySew

Is WindowMizer compatible with Sierra

Post by BarrySew »

Ive had my Sierra 1s for a while, but dont know much about upgrading....just saw that you can upgrade to the 2s....what is NrT, if you dont mind?

Kamfeft

Post by Kamfeft »

You would need a micro-SD, not a regular SD. This would not work in your Archos device, as none of the Gen8 line have a full-size SD card slot.

Kamfeft

Post by Kamfeft »

You would need a micro-SD, not a regular SD. This would not work in your Archos device, as none of the Gen8 line have a full-size SD card slot.

Robertgat

Post by Robertgat »

This is the main reason I have not upgraded to Sierra yet. I am waiting for a version of Gimp that will work with it. If only I knew how to do programming and compiling, I would love to keep Gimp updated to Macs.