Problems with multiple displays

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 4.x.
mattrj

Re: Problems with multiple displays

Post by mattrj »

@rgbworld Sounds great, thanks! Happy to try out your test build whenever you've got it ready. Will stay tuned...

moppel33

Post by moppel33 »

@rgbWorld Great! I am waiting patiently for a corrected version.

DeFliGra

Post by DeFliGra »

speakertx wrote:Some more information: If I put both secondary screens logically on the right, they both function correctly, as well as the iMac screen. If I put them both logically on the left, then they both do not function correctly. It seems to be simply whether it is on the right or left of the main display, independent of the placement of other displays.
A little more information
Setup: Left screen (2560x1440) + iMac (2560x1440) + Right screen (1680x1050).
1) ÷ WindowMizer doesn't work on the right display with this setup.

If I rearrange = switch Left screen with Right screen (System settings > Display Settings)
2) ÷ Then WindowMizer doesn't work on the right display.

3) √ Rearranging: iMac + 1680x1050 + 2560x1440 = WindowMizer works with all displays.

4) √ Rearranging: iMac + 2560x1440 + 1680x1050 = WindowMizer works with all displays.

I thought it might have something to do with different spaces on the 3 monitors, but it doesn't have any effect... same issues.

One more thing... not only does WindowMizer work with setup 1) and 2) but also disables shit + letter (ABCD) = simply doesn't work with the Mail-app... discovered that when I send a fast email reply to a client without the first letter in her name :/

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

@ DeFliGra

All multiple-display issues should be resolved with WindowMizer 4.5 which I will release this weekend. Thanks for your detailed reports!

moppel33

Post by moppel33 »

Any news about this issue? I cannot find the update. Does it take more time to resolve the problem?

HockeyMike

Post by HockeyMike »

Same problem here, was driving me crazy until I figured out it was WindowMizer. Looking forward to 4.5.

FullScore

Post by FullScore »

I, too, have the same issue with two monitors. Any news of the 4.5 version, please?

moppel33

Post by moppel33 »

I am still waiting for version 4.5. No answer to my question, it seems as if RGB World is dead!? :cry:

mattrj

Post by mattrj »

@moppel33 -- I suspect @rgbworld has just gotten busy with other things and/or the bug has been harder to track down than anticipated... I know both of those things are usually true for me!

@rgbworld -- I don't want to be presumptuous, but if you want any help debugging from someone who is actually experiencing the issue on their system, I've done enough Mac programming that I can probably help nail it down. I know people often hate sharing their code, especially when it is closed-source and part of their livelihoods... but if you DO want a hand, I'm happy to agree in writing not to share anything and to remove all traces of your code from my machine when the problem is figured out.

FullScore

Post by FullScore »

To RGB World: even if you haven't been able to fix the problems, please at least acknowledge that you still exist!