Unwanted dialog in macOS 10.12.2 beta

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 4.x.
billearl

Unwanted dialog in macOS 10.12.2 beta

Post by billearl »

Since updating to the macOS 10.12.2 beta, almost every time I restart my computer (iMac and MBP), the attached dialog appears. I don't want the WindowMizer menu bar icon, so I have to click the Continue button each time. I finally resorted to using a startup AppleScript script to do this for me, but WindowMizer should obviously not behave in this way.

Also, when switching "Show WindowMizer icon in menu bar" on, then off, in the WindowMizer Prefs dialog, the same (attached) dialog appears twice, which may be related to the startup problem described above.

Can you duplicate this problem?
Attachments
WM dialog.png
WM dialog.png (36.29 KiB) Viewed 376174 times

billearl

Re: Unwanted dialog in macOS 10.12.2 beta

Post by billearl »

This seems to be fixed in macOS 10.12.2 beta 2.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

1) I had not noticed the dialog box appearing after a restart.

2) I was aware that checking the box in WM preferences would show the alert twice (only on OS 10.12).
I fixed this in an unreleased version, but I did not address (unaware) of the alert appearing after a restart.

To clarify, when you restart the computer, WindowMizer preferences opens and then the alert appears?

I'll look into the issue. I haven't yet updated to 10.12.2 beta. Now I will have to determine if the fix I added in the unreleased 4.4.3 update is really necessary. It did appear that I was working around an OS bug.

Thanks for the report!

billearl

Post by billearl »

Thanks for your comments. As I said, this was an issue in macOS 10.12.2 (beta 1), but has not recurred in beta 2 or any subsequent beta. So a non-issue for me now.

Only the alert appeared, not WindowMizer preferences.

Let me know if you want me to show the menu bar icon, then hide it again, or some other test. I'm now on 10.12.2 beta 5.

Lusher

Post by Lusher »

billearfl wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:55 pm
Only the alert appeared on the best online bingo list not WindowMizer preferences.

Let me know if you want me to show the menu bar icon, then hide it again, or some other test. I'm now on 10.12.2 beta 5.
I got this error message too.
Last edited by Lusher on Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherrell

Post by Sherrell »

Luseher wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 am
I got this error message too.
Great to hear that this got sorted out by itself. I'm about to switch back to Mac and I remember this popping up the last time I used it.