Locking Windows up after a while. Have to hard quit app

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 5.x.
MJC

Post by MJC »

Finding that after a while (an hour or two) of windows being zipped up into closed position that they're locking shut permanently and locking the Finder until Windowshade is hard quit. Only Logitech mouse moves around Finder but can't click or do anything until Windowshade 5.04 is hard quit.

Using MacPro 5.1 on Mojave 10.14.5 (Radeon 580 GPU).

Seeing phenomena in Adobe Dreamweaver CC2019.1, BBEdit 12.64, Fetch 5.77, Chrome 75 Windows, and Mojave Finder Windows.

Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain. The app relaunches okay after the hard quit, but locks up again after an hour or two if I've zipped up windows anywhere on the desktop or active.
MJC

rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: Locking Windows up after a while. Have to hard quit app

Post by rgbworld »

Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain.
More than a pain I'd say. I use Fetch 5.7.7 and BBEdit 12.6.4 daily without issue. In fact they run for days on end without ever quitting or crashing of WindowMizer. I also typically have Chrome 75.x running and obviously the Finder in Mojave 10.14.5.

I will keep trying to locate this bug, but at this time I am not experiencing any similar issue. Please advise if there is any special software running or if you can narrow down when it freezes. I do have a couple reports (maybe 2) of WindowMizer freezing after the computer has been sitting for a long period of time. So maybe when a Screen-saver kicks in, or when the computer wakes from sleep.

Anyone else experiencing freezes after waking computer, please report the issue. I'll keep hunting...

Thank you,
Chris

MJC

Post by MJC »

Only other thing I can think of is the latest Sophos Home is installed and active at all times.

I have a Computer Sleep of 3hrs, and Display Sleep of 1hr, with Screen Saver kicking in after 20mins.

I can send you a System Report if you need to see the set-up.
MJC