Auto Stacking

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 5.x.
MDJonas

Auto Stacking

Post by MDJonas »

WindowMizer needs to have an auto-stacking function. Right now, rolling up a window leaves the bar wherever the app's menu bar was when rolled up. That means that the bar gets lost when you open an app over it...by stacking at the top, the user can see ALL the apps/windows that have been rolled up.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: Auto Stacking

Post by rgbworld »

I will definitely add auto-stacking options in a future release. I've got a fresh new swift code base, so I an excited to add this feature as time permits. In reality it's gonna be a little while as I need to finish web integration so I have a continuous development stream.

Thanks for suggestion!

Chris

MDJonas

Post by MDJonas »

If you're keeping a list of people who want to have stacking as part of WindowMizer, please add me to those you should contact when the update is available. Do you need my email address for this?

Thanx for being open to this suggestion.

Michael

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

Acknowledged.

If anyone cares to try and offer details on how window-stacking should work, please present your ideas here for discussion,

Thanks,
Chris

MDJonas

Post by MDJonas »

I can't address the "how" for coding, but the the screen appearance would show the toolbar that WindowMizer now creates at the top of the screen. The toolbar for the next window to be"closed" would then appear under the first toolbar. Any toolbar/app could be opened up by clicking on the appropriate toolbar.

Actually, it would be just about the same as WM does not except the toolbars would appear as a "list" at the top of the screen.