Problems with multiple displays

Discuss problems, bugs or feature requests for WindowMizer version 4.x.
speakertx

Problems with multiple displays

Post by speakertx »

Windowmizer (4.4) only seems to function on the main and right secondary display. Doubleclicking on title bar of windows on the left secondary display does nothing.

Saving to offscreen or dock seems to make no difference.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Re: Problems with multiple displays

Post by rgbworld »

Thank you for the bug report. I have confirmed it is a bug.

I have a dual-monitor setup with my secondary screen (typically) on the right. If I position the secondary display to the left of the primary display, when I double-click, nothing happens except a beep.

Just to clarify, you have only 2 screens not 3, correct? I will work on this issue asap now that I am aware of it.

speakertx

Post by speakertx »

No - actually, I do have three, so I can only use WindowMizer on two of them until this is resolved. Not too big a deal - I will just put stuff on the left that I don't need to shade or can just dock, but it is a bit of an annoyance.

Thanks for your quick reply and confirmation!

speakertx

Post by speakertx »

Some more information:

If I put both secondary screens logically on the right, they both function correctly, as well as the iMac screen.

If I put them both logically on the left, then they both do not function correctly.

It seems to be simply whether it is on the right or left of the main display, independent of the placement of other displays.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

Could you please post screen grabs of your Display arrangements along with your comments. So it is easier for me to understand exactly. I plan to work on this issue this weekend.

speakertx

Post by speakertx »

Here are the screen shots.

I don't think the files have been attached - don't know what the problem is.

mattrj

Post by mattrj »

Hi, just wanted to add that I am having a similar issue. Retina iMac, El Capitan, two external displays. WindowMizer doesn't work on the left one, which is set up as the last display (iMac = 1, upper right = 2, left one which doesn't work = 3). Dock is set up on the right side of the main iMac display. "Displays have separate Spaces" is checked on.

Attached a screenshot of my monitor setup -- I know it's a little funky but it reflects the physical location of the displays.

Also, a little additional detail -- when I start up WindowMizer, it moves any windows that are on display 3 to display 1 for some reason (only on the currently visible Space though). WindowMizer works on them as long as they are on display 1, but as soon as I move them back to display 3, no dice.

This happened as soon as I tried the demo -- but if this bug can get squashed, you've got yourself a customer, I promise.

PS, I'm a programmer as well and have done a bit of Mac/iOS development, so if you need any nitty-gritty technical details or want me to try out a debug build or whatnot, I'm happy to do it.
Attachments
display_config.jpg
display_config.jpg (54.53 KiB) Viewed 96435 times

moppel33

Post by moppel33 »

I have problems with my left display when using Windowmizer and Logic Pro X. On my left display (I have a MacbookPro as center and an additional monitor on the right) many key combinations (shift A, shift-cntrl-a, cmd-2 etc.) are not recognized by Logic (and probably in many other applications) if the newest version of windowmizer is running. Before the last update, everything was ok.

Hence I stopped working with windowmizer until the problem is resolved.

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

@mattrj Thanks for the screen grab! It will help me immensely.

I just about have this resolved on a local build, but I am unable to test on a 3-display system, so I'll contact you directly when I have a beta to test. Hopefully in a couple days (this weekend or sooner is the plan).

rgbworld
Site Admin

Post by rgbworld »

@moppel33

Understood. I can hopefully have these issues resolved in a few days. Thanks for the report.